Educational Program “Secondary Education (English language and second foreign language)”
Field of Study
014 Secondary Education, Specialization 014.021 English Language and Literature
Secondary Education (English Language and Second Foreign Language)
Subjects of Centralized Entrance Exam 2020
- Ukrainian Language and Literature
- Foreign Language (English)
- History of Ukraine or Geography
- Full-time: 6500 UAH per semester
Short Description of the Program
The purpose of the program is to train highly qualified specialists who are capable of forming foreign language communicative competence of pupils and students of secondary and higher education institutions, professional higher education, to ensure their upbringing and development; providing an appropriate level of preparation for further education in order to obtain a second (master's) higher education level.
A high level of specialists’ practical training is provided through teaching disciplines by highly qualified academic researchers and teachers; developed international cooperation in scientific and educational spheres; involvement of native speakers, in particular, English, German and Polish, in the educational process; availability of specialized rooms and computer laboratories.
- Learning three foreign languages. In addition to basic English, it is compulsory to learn a second foreign language (German or Polish optional) throughout the whole studying and the opportunity to choose a third foreign language in the third year of study.
- Studying in modern International Language Centers with an innovative professional-oriented software.
- Sectoral orientation of the educational program, which is a response to global challenges and requirements in the field of foreign languages teachers and lecturers training.
- Application of the latest methods and techniques of teaching foreign languages in the process of studying, using of specialized classrooms and computer laboratories.
- An opportunity to join the practical teaching activities from the first years of studying in the Centers of foreign languages of the city and region.
- Experienced in research / management / innovation professionals’ and native speakers’ involvement in the teaching process.
- Close cooperation with schools of the city and region, out-of-school institutions and influential international organizations.
- National and international academic mobility programs. Cooperation with leading foreign Institutions of Higher Education, Higher Education Establishment of Ukraine, influential international organizations. Language internships abroad. Studying in Summer Language Schools of Ukraine and Europe.
- Participation in joint projects of the British Council and the Peace Corps (USA).
- Active students’ research work, which includes participation in scientific conferences, competitions, Olympiads, in the scientific study group "Foreign Philology".
- Staffing of the program: highly qualified scientific and pedagogical workers who correspond to the profile and direction of the disciplines taught according to the qualification, have the necessary seniority of pedagogical work and the practical experience.
Possibilities for studying and training abroad
EU Erasmus+ Academic Mobility Program, US Fulbright Research and Development Program, the Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD), National Academic Exchange Agency NAWA (Republic of Poland), Scholarship Program of the Government of the People's Republic of China for Ukrainians.
The list of grant and scholarship programs and academic exchange programs is constantly updated.
Main disciplines of professional training
Practice of Oral and Written Speech (English); Practice of Oral and Written Speech (German); Practice of Oral and Written Speech (Polish); Practical Grammar (English); Practical Grammar (German); Practical Grammar (Polish); Theoretical Course of aa Foreign (English) Language (Phonetics, Lexicology, Grammar, Stylistics); Theoretical Course of a Foreign (German) Language (Phonetics, Lexicology, Grammar, Stylistics); Theoretical Course of a Foreign (Polish) Language (Phonetics, Lexicology, Grammar, Stylistics); Methods of Teaching a Foreign Language; Information Systems and Technologies; History of Foreign Literature; Linguistics (English); Linguistics (German); Linguistics (Polish Language); History of English Language; Current Problems of Modern Linguistics; Fundamentals of Language Communication Theory; Third Foreign Language; Educational (Language, Pedagogical) Practice; Pedagogical Practice (Internship); Pre-Diploma Practice.
Positions that graduates can hold
English teacher and lecturer; German teacher and teacher; Polish teacher and teacher; Specialist in teaching methods; Scientific consultant in the field of intangible production (education, culture, art); Teacher's assistant; Trainee teacher; Educationist of professional teaching; Cultural organizer of children's out-of-school institutions.
British Council in Ukraine (UK), Peace Corps (USA), Goethe-Institut (Germany), University of Natural Sciences and Humanities in Siedlce (Republic of Poland), National Academic Exchange Agency NAWA (Republic of Poland), Center of the Foreign Languages Learning "Status" (Poltava).
Telephone: (099) 959 60 00
For further information contact the Admissions Office:
Or in messengers: