Educational Program “Ecology”
Field of Study
10 Natural Science
Subjects of Centralized Entrance Exam 2021
- Ukrainian Language
- Biology (History of Ukraine for study on a contract basis)
- Chemistry (Biology for study on a contract basis)
- Full-time: 7500 UAH per semester
- Distance: 7000 UAH per semester
Short Description of the Program
This program is based on modern approaches, methods and organizational and technical solutions in the field of ecology and environmental protection. The Program focuses on the ability to choose and make organizational and technical decisions in the field of environmental protection and environmental management.
The main learning outcomes are: the ability to use the management principles on which the environmental safety system is based, and to apply the knowledge of monitoring and regulation of anthropogenic pressure on the environment; solve problems in the field of environmental protection; use the skills to assess unforeseen environmental problems and carefully consider ways to solve them; ability to apply software, GIS-technologies for information support of ecological researches; ability to predict the impact of technological processes and industries on the environment; ability to form inquiries and determine actions that ensure compliance with the norms and requirements of environmental legislation.
Accordingly, the Program focuses on professional components: physico-chemical and biological methods of environmental protection, techno-ecology and environmental technologies, special areas of ecology, environmental safety and regulation of anthropogenic pressure on the environment, organizational and legal aspects of environmental activities.
- The result of the program is the mastery of the ability to organize activities in the field of environmental protection (atmosphere, water bodies and systems, soils, forest resources, nature reserves and forest resources, human habitats) and nature management at the production and management level;
- Approbation of acquired skills is carried out during internships in management institutions and in production conditions, in the framework of participation in national and international competitions of student research papers; in the framework of participation in the development and implementation of regional, state and international environmental projects and programs;
- Wide choice of the main places of work: state and scientific organizations, industrial enterprises, inspections on nature protection, laboratories of industrial enterprises and scientific institutions;
- After mastering the Program, further professional or scientific career is possible in related fields: environmental protection technologies, environmental safety, biotechnology, environmental management, landscape ecology.
- Qualified specialists under this Program are able to perform professional work: in the field of biological research; to be assistants to veterinarians and junior specialists in agronomy, forestry, water management and nature conservation; to be technical specialists in the field of physical sciences and technology, in the field of management; perform the functions of state inspectors.
Possibilities for studying and training abroad
International programs: Erasmus+; Etwinning Plus; Horizon2020; University of Helsinki Program for International Students in Finland; Degree Completion Grants for International Students at Universität Hamburg in Germany; Additive Manufacturing – Postdoctoral Appointee, Brunel University London Phd Studentship for UK, EU and International Students; Additive Manufacturing - Postdoctoral Appointe;
Main disciplines of professional training
General Ecology and Biology; Biological Methods of Environmental Protection; Protected Area; Environmental Monitoring; Environmental Legislation and Environmental Law; Technoecology; Standardization of Anthropogenic Load on the Natural Environment; Ecological Safety; Waste Management and Management Methods; Atmospheric Protection Processes and Systems; Ventilation Emissions and Industrial Ventilation; Water Management; Water Supply and Drainage; Balanced Land Use Technologies; Environmental Aspects of Oil and Gas Business; Landscape Ecology and Architecture; Economics of Nature Management; Environmental Management in Audit; Environmental Chemistry and Sanitary-Chemical Analysis; GIS Technologies on Ecology.
Positions that graduates can hold
Organizer of nature management; Nnature protection inspector; State inspector for technogenic and ecological supervision; Inspector for protection of nature reserve fund; Inspector for the water management; Environmental technician; State inspector; Trainee researcher.
Department of Ecology and Natural Resources of Poltava Regional State Administration; Regional office of water resources in Poltava region; Department of Housing and Communal Services of Poltava Regional State Administration; Poltava Regional Department of Forestry and Hunting; Scientific and Technical Center of the Poltava Branch of the Engineering Academy of Ukraine; Public Ecological Council of Poltava Region.
Page of the Department of Applied Ecology and Nature Management: https://nupp.edu.ua/page/kafedra-prikladnoi-yekologii-ta-prirodokoristuvannya.html
Page of the Department of Applied Ecology and Nature Management on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ecopoltntu/
For further information contact the Admissions Office:
Or in messengers: