Educational Program “Oil and Gas Geology”
Field of Study
10 Natural Science
103 Earth Science
Oil and Gas Geology
Subjects of Centralized Entrance Exam 2020
- Ukrainian Language and Literature
- Full-time: 8000 UAH per semester
Short Description of the Program
Energy resources occupy primary position in Ukrainian economic development. This fact sets additional requirements to the prospects of oil and gas industry development, specifically- personnel competency.
Higher education in the educational program “Oil and Gas Geology” places an emphasis on forming and developing professionalism in the field of oil and gas geology, specifically – ability to solve complicated specialized tasks and practical problems in the professional work in the Earth Science field at training, using modern theoretical knowledge and research methods.
Educational Program “Oil and Gas Geology” was developed by the operations group of National University “Yuri Kondratyuk Poltava Polytechnic” Educational and Research Institute of Oil and Gas. The group members are qualified professionals, as well as leading experts from various oil and gas production and geological exploration organizations and establishments who specialize in the accordant field and provide consultation and cooperation. Educational Program focuses on training specialists who have extensive knowledge in oil and gas geology, oil and gas exploration and surveying, capable of performing theoretical estimation and experimentation work, use informational technology, manage projects, organize project and production departments’ work, developing and designing oil and gas production.
The program is done according to the modern tendencies in scientific and industrial aspects of the field, as well as oil and gas geologist’s obligations and responsibilities in establishments, organizations or scientific research institutes to increase compatibility of our graduates on the job market and promote their professional and scientific development.
- The emphasis is placed on forming and developing professional competency in the field of oil and gas geology; studying the structure, content and origin of petroleum fields and hydrocarbon deposits, principles of their spreading in the crust of the earth, main methods of their exploration and research.
- The program provides for the students’ engagement in scientific studies, writing scientific papers, participation in international conferences, forums, workshops, competitions and contests within their specialty.
- The specialists high level of training is provided by international cooperation in scientific and educational fields, as well as specialized laboratories.
- Life-long learning to improve professional and other skills.
- Opportunity to continue the training on the next higher educational level (master’s) based on the Cross Entry system on any specialism in any field, if not prohibited by law, if the entrance exams are passed successfully.
- Provided cooperation with leading higher educational establishments of Ukraine to organize student, tutor and administrative staff exchange, according to cooperation agreements.
Possibilities for studying and training abroad
International programs: Erasmus+; Etwinning Plus ; Horizon2020; University of Helsinki Program for International Students in Finland; Degree Completion Grants for International Students at Universität Hamburg in Germany; Additive Manufacturing – Postdoctoral Appointee, Brunel University London Phd Studentship for UK, EU and International Students; Additive Manufacturing - Postdoctoral Appointe;
Dual Diploma programs: Azerbaijan Oil and Industry University
Main disciplines of professional training
Ecology and Fundamentals of Oil and Gas Geoecology; General Geology; Mathematical Statistics and Geological Data Processing; Fundamentals of Hydrogeology and Geological Engineering; Fundamentals of Geochemistry; Fundamentals of Geophysics; Human Security; Mineralogy; Historic Geology and Fundamentals of Paleontology; Structural Geology and Geo-Mapping; Geologic Surveying; Petrography; Lithology; Mineral Deposits Geology; Geotectonics; Regional Geology; Economic Geology; Industrial Oil and Gas Geology; Petroleum-Bearing Areas of the World; Oil and Gas Production Methods; Geomorphology and Fundamentals of Glacial Geology; Oil and Gas Geology, Explorations and Surveying of Petroleum Fields.
Positions that graduates can hold
Graduates of the “Oil and Gas Geology” educational program can resolve tasks related to explorations, surveys and evaluations of oil and gas fields and deposits. After the graduation, they can work as geologists, geophysicists, hydrogeologists, lab assistants (chemistry and physics research), engineers, administrators and inspectors in the field of geology, geological surveying, production industry, environmental protection, earth crust, earth and natural resources utilization.
Bachelor’s degree graduates in accordance with National Classification of Ukraine «Occupational Classification»; DC 003: 2010 // State Committee for Technical Regulation and Consumer Policy of Ukraine. - K. 2010: can hold relevant positions:
- 3111 - Geo technician
- 3111 — Geophysics technician
- 3111 — Hydrogeology technician
- 3111 — Technician laboratory assistant (chemistry and physics research)
- 3117 - Spectroscopist
- 3119 — Apprentice researcher
- 3119 - Technician
- 3340 — Other specialists in the field of education
- 3436 — Deputy Head
- 3439 — Other technical specialists in management sphere
- 3449 — Other state inspectors
Ukrgasvydobuvannya, NAS of Ukraine S. Subbotin Geophysics Institute , NAS of Ukraine Gas Institute, NAS of Ukraine Geological Science Institute, Ukrnafta, DTEK, Geo Synthesis Engineering, Burova Tekhnika, Ukrnaukaheozentr, Poltava Petroleum Company, Geo-Alliance Group.
Educational and Research Institute of Oil and Gas – https://nupp.edu.ua/page/navchalno-naukoviy-institut-nafti-i-gazu.html
Department of Oil and Gas Engineering and Technology - https://nupp.edu.ua/page/kafedra-naftogazova-inzheneriya-ta-tekhnologii.html
Address: Poltava, Pershotravnevyj Ave. 24. F Building, rooms 121, 122, 123
Institute facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/fngp.pntu/
For further information contact the Admissions Office:
Or in messengers: